This Black History Month we want to help you transform your bathroom into your own personal Black-owned sanctuary. We’ve put together a Black-owned Bathroom Guide of some of our favorites things that make our getting ready rituals that much better.
On the counter.
1. Keep your smile clean, bright, and strong with Dirt Don't Hurt's Mineral Tooth Powder. Made from earth clays, essential oils, and herbs, the tooth powder creates an alkaline environment in your mouth by neutralizing acids and bacteria. Pair it with their eco-friendly Bamboo toothbrush for a perfect twice a day routine.
2. Deep clean after brushing and flossing with Ilera Apothecary's Oral Rinse. It's made from all-natural ingredients that not only clean but help whiten your teeth.
3. Vegan and natural, Pholk Beauty's Daily Detox Face Wash will clean and restore your face without irritation. Whether your skin is normal, oily, acne-prone, or combination, give this one a try!
4. Clean hands are important and HunnyBunny's Premium Hand Soap takes it to the next level with their all-natural ingredients that not only effectively clean hands but nourishes and moisturizes them.
5. In a funk? Oyin has got the butter for you! Funk Butter is an all-natural deodorant that helps get rid of unwanted odor, absorbs moisture, keeps you cool, and moisturizes.
6. Elevate your bathroom vanity with the Beauvais Bath Set from Karen Jai Home. You will feel the luxury as you go to grab your toothbrush!
7. Have your body ody ody ody ody feeling just right with Buttah Body Trio. This kit comes complete with their Whipped Body Butter, Egyptian CocoHsea Body Wash, and their Black Gold Skin Polishing Bar.
8. Set the wash day mood with CAVO's Wash Day candle. Made from 100% organic soy wax, your bathroom will smell as good as you feel!
9. Soft lips are crucial. KNC Beauty's nutrient-rich Supa Scrub will leave your lips soft to touch while protecting your lips from damage.
10. Nyakio’s BAOBAB Youth-Infused Daily Defense Crème will have your skin feeling softer than ever. It's lightweight, deeply nourishing, and will become your go-to moisturizer.
In the medicine cabinet.
11. Not only would MOITA’s bottle look gorgeous on anyone’s countertop, but their organic multi-vitamin addresses the specific needs of women: breast and reproductive health, bone density, heart health, digestion, energy, immunity, and stress reduction. MOVITA also offers beauty and prenatal vitamins.
12. Tru-Colour has reinvented bandages for us. Made flexible and latex-free, these bandages better match Brown and Black skin tones for true representation.
In the shower.
13. Best Like Organics Body Party! Hydrating Body Wash will help you reach your skin goals! Non-toxic and cruelty-free, this moisturizing body wash is formulated with vitamin E, jojoba oil, and botanical extracts for softer, healthier skin.
14. Cream & Coco has your exfoliating needs covered with their Natural Sisal Cloth. This washcloth gently exfoliates, stimulates healthy skin turnover, and removes dead and dry skin.
15. Not only will Sienna Naturals look pretty sitting in your shower and on your counters, but your scalp and hair will thank you! Always natural, the Wash Day Duo is a great starter pack into the brand. Cleanse and refresh your scalp while adding hydration from root to tip to revive your curl patterns and lock in moisture.
16. Imagine being greeted by a Justina Blakeney pattern every time you step into your bathroom. This Soleil shower curtain in black and ivory will have you ready to redecorate your entire place.
17. Made with clean, plant-derived ingredients, The Honey Pot Co.- if you have a vagina, you need Honeypot. Pair the wash with the wipes and experience a new level of freshness.
On the hook.
18. Brittney Lewis is a Los Angeles based artist who has sprinkled her talents in turning your bathroom into a work of art with her beautiful bath towels, hand towels, and shower curtains. You can find her designs on her Society6 store, By Brijé.
19. No matter how much time you spend getting ready, you need a luxe robe to feel like the king or queen you are! Savage x Fenty by Rihanna released a Unisex Smoking Jacking is made of soft satin, it’s limited edition so get it while you can!
Under the sink.
20. Reel is tree-free, 100% natural bamboo toilet paper that's delivered right to your door so that you never have to worry about running out. Your purchase also supports their mission to provide access to clean toilets to those in need around the world.
21. Drop one of Pardo Naturals Deodorizing Fizzy Tabs into your toilet to cleans and disinfect in just one setup. As a bonus, these also work for garbage disposals.
22. Good Vibes offers powerful, plant-based cleaning with amazing fragrances to choose from. Keep your bathroom So Phresh (and so Clean-Clean)!