Lavender is a flowering plant which to grows in abundance around the Mediterranean Basin of Provence, France. We love Lavender for it’s wonderfully herbaceous and clean scent, and feature pure Lavender Essential Oil in the Sienna Naturals Baobab Oil Moisturizing Collection. But did you also know the plant’s purple petals pack powerful healing effects?
5 benefits of lavender:
- Fighting Acne – Lavender essential oil contains antiseptic and analgesic properties, which is one of the reasons the wonder plant is known for reducing acne and skin redness. Our Baobab Oil Moisturizing Hair & Body wash contains Lavender which means it can help fight ‘backne’ and sooth your skin and scalp.
- Relaxation – Lavender is probably best known for its ability to help you relax. Aromatherapy or massage with lavender has been shown to improve sleep by slowing down the activity of the nervous system, allowing the body to relax.
- Reduces bloating – Culinary lavender can be consumed on top of fruit or yogurt, or as a seasoning on meats and helps promote healthy bacteria and reduce stomach bloating (should be consumed by adults only, consult with a physician if you are pregnant).
- Anti-inflammatory – Lavender’s healing properties extend to the skin as well. When applied to insect bites and stings can help reduce inflammation and swelling. Our Baobab Oil Moisturizing Body Cream contains Lavender Essential oil.
- Reduces headaches – Aromatherapy has been shown to help reduce headaches and can also help alleviate irritability and anxiety. Drop 1-2 tablespoons of our Baobab Oil Moisturizing Hair & Body Shampoo into a hot bath and unwind in sudsy relaxation.
Lavender as an aromatherapy can be enjoyed in many ways. For busy moms, we suggest enjoyment through bath salts, teas and candles for a relaxing night in or just some personal me time. To add to your own massage oil or facial toner, dilute 1-3 drops of essential oil or extract to every 1 tablespoon of solution.
The Sienna Naturals team